Terms and Conditions
- "we" means AliveandGiving.com, “us” and "our" shall be interpreted appropriately.
- "the User" means the person, charity, firm, company, institution, organisation or body using or browsing the AliveandGiving.com website and “you” or "your" shall be interpreted in the same way.
- “the Charity” means the charity that is registered to the AliveandGiving.com website.
- “the Website” means this, the AliveandGiving.com website.
Website Terms and Conditions
Disclaimer and Warranty
AliveandGiving.com is providing this site on an ‘as is’ basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties. In addition, AliveandGiving.com makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published on this site.
The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of AliveandGiving.com howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Neither AliveandGiving.com nor any of its directors, employees or other representatives will be liable any loss or damage whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
Not withstanding the foregoing, none of the exclusions and limitations in the clause are intended to limit any rights you may have as a consumer under local law or other statutory rights which may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit AliveandGiving.com’s liability to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees or agents.
Rights granted and rights reserved
AliveandGiving.com provides the information to the User only and solely for the purpose of that User. The User may download information onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. The information may not be used for any other purpose, including but not limited to, publication, reproduction, or transmission without the express written permission on AliveandGiving.com.
Any right reserved not expressly granted herein are reserved.
The User acknowledges the following:
- that it is technically impossible to provide the website free of faults and that AliveandGiving.com does not undertake to do so.
- that faults may lead to temporary unavailability of the website.
- that the operation of the website may be adversely affected by conditions and performances outside AliveandGiving.com’s control.
Use of the Website
The User undertakes
- not to use the information for any unlawful purpose.
- not to use the website for the transmission or posting of any computer viruses or any material which is defamatory, offensive or menacing character or in such a way so to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- not to use the website to transmit any material for the purpose of publicity, promotion and / or advertising without the prior consent of AliveandGiving.com.
- not to use the website for any violation or infringement of any person including but not limited to rights of copyright or confidentiality.
- The User will indemnify and defend AliveandGiving.com against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of a breach of this contract or any use of the information or the website by the User.
Third party information and links to third party sites
The User acknowledges that some of the information, for example software, is supplied to AliveandGiving.com (directly or indirectly) by third parties, and accordingly AliveandGiving.com can offer no warranty of whatever nature in relation to such information.
The Website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by third parties other than AliveandGiving.com, such hyperlinks are provided for your reference only. AliveandGiving.com does not control such websites and therefore can accept no responsibility whatsoever for the content or material of such websites which the User may access through the Website.
Changes to the terms and conditions
AliveandGiving.com reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time by placing a note of such change on this page and the User’s continued use of the Website following notice of such change shall be deemed to be the User’s acceptance of such change.
It is the User’s responsibility to check this page regularly to determine whether the terms and conditions of this Website have been changed. If the User does not agree to any change to the terms and conditions of this Website then the User must immediately stop using this Website.
Governing Law and enforcement
The laws of England govern this agreement. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in all disputes arising out of or in connection to the use of this website.
If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
All Website design, graphics, text, the selection and arrangement thereof, underlying source code, software and all other material on this Website are copyright AliveandGiving.com, and its affiliates, or their content and technology providers. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this Website - including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or republication - without the prior written permission of AliveandGiving.com is strictly prohibited.
Third party logos
The third party logos on this Website are protected by copyright and are the property of the organisations they identify. The logos are used in their entirety to convey the meaning intended and to avoid tarnishing or misrepresenting the intended image. The logos are of a size and resolution sufficient to maintain the quality intended by the organization, without being unnecessarily high resolution. The logos are used to identify the organisations, a subject of public interest. The significance of the logo is to help the reader identify the organisation, assure the readers that they have reached the right page containing review information about the organisation, and to illustrate the organisation's intended branding message in a way that words alone could not convey. Any substitute that is not a derivative work would fail to convey the meaning intended, would tarnish or misrepresent its image, or would fail its purpose of identification or review. Therefore, it is believed that this use of third party logos on this Website may qualify as fair dealing under United Kingdom copyright law.
If you have any concerns regarding third party content on this website please e-mail us and we will address your concern.
All product and company names mentioned on this Website may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Charity Terms and Conditions
- 1. Only organisiations registered with The Charity Commission are eligible to be featured on the Website.
- 2. By submitting information, images, videos and documentation related to the Charity you are authrorising us to display and make available this information, images, videos and documentation available via the Website.
- 3. The Charity agrees that we may reject any content submitted by the Charity without reason.
- 4. The Charity responsible for the information, images, videos and documentation provided and indemnifies and will indemnify AliveandGiving.com against any claim, loss, liability, expense and/or damage ("Losses") in connection therewith.
- 5. We do not guarantee that the Charity will receive any donations.
- 6. We do not accept any responsibility for maintaining relationships between donors and charities. The donor is free to end the relationship when they want. AliveandGiving.com respects donors; anonymity if donors request this.
- 7. By submitting information, images, videos and documentation, the Charity agrees to AliveandGiving.com using this information for promotional purposes.
- 8. The Charity is responsible for protecting their computers against any viruses.
- 9. The Charity is responsible for all and any subsequent dealings between the donor and AliveandGiving.com accepts no liability whatsoever therewith.
The Charity will indemnify Alive and Giving against any Losses in connection therewith.
- 10. The Charity will comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to all donors' details and indemnify AliveandGiving.com against any Losses in connection therewith.
- 11. The Charity will comply with all anti-discrimination legislation including but not limited to the Sex Discrimination Act 1975, the Race Relations Act 1976, and the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 and the Employment Equality (Age) Regulations 2006. The Charity will indemnify AliveandGiving.com against any Losses in connection therewith.
- 12. The Charity shall not post any information that directly or indirectly promotes age, sex, race or disability discrimination. The Charity will indemnify AliveandGiving.com against any Losses in connection therewith.
- 13. The Charity accepts responsibility for any detriment or damage that it may suffer or incur in respect of the engagement of any donors and shall hold AliveandGiving.com harmless against any Losses in connection therewith.
- 14. AliveandGiving.com reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to remove the Charity at any time without reason.
- 15. AliveandGiving.com reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to close any account at any time without reason.
- 16. By accessing or using any part, service or feature of this website, the Charity agrees to use it in 'good faith' and to post authentic material of reasonable quality, which provide both adequate and accurate details.
- 17. The Charity agrees that AliveandGiving.com maintains editorial control over all areas of the Website.
- 18. The Charity agrees that any abuse of the service, website or these terms and conditions can result in the Charity's access to this service being removed, and accounts terminated.
- 19. From time to time AliveandGiving.com might contact Charities in order to evaluate the service they receive and also to promote AliveandGiving.com’s services and products.
- 20. AliveandGiving.com reserves the right to charge for its service as it sees fit and in its sole and absolute discretion, provided that such charge shall not be retrospective. AliveandGiving.com reserves the right to change any aspect of the service and/or these terms and conditions, at any time without notice.
Alive and Giving Ltd is registered in England. Reg No. 06886190. Registered office: Gordon House, 29 Gordon Square, London, WC1H 0PP, UK. AliveandGiving.com is a trading name of Alive and Giving Ltd.